Vice President suggests there will be free cheeseburgers and open bars at polling locations...
Vice President Joe Biden appeared via video on Late Night with David Letterman on Thursday to deliver one of the show's (in)famous Top Ten lists. He filmed the segment on Thursday morning while stumping through Iowa, after breakfasting at Ross' Restaurant in Bettendorf. The Vice President's list, the "Top Ten Good Things About Voting Early," included the illegal suggestion that cheeseburgers might be available at polling locations (#10). For #4, Biden suggested "Of course, there's the open bar."
Before getting down to the biz of being funny, the Vice President mentioned New York's efforts to recover from Hurricane Sandy.
“I just hope everything is coming along all right in New York," Biden said. "You’ve been devastated in New York and New Jersey, and just know everyone’s thinking of you and we're doing everything we can to help."
President Obama visited Late Show in September, and chatted about White House homebrewed beer.
The Vice President's Top Ten Good Things About Voting Early:
10. I'm not saying each early voter gets a free cheeseburger, but I'm not saying they don't either.
9. It's vastly more effective than voting late.
8. You know who votes early? People with a backbone like a ramrod.
7. At a less crowded polling center, there’s plenty of room to stretch out, linger and relax.
6. If you vote early, you don’t have to pay taxes. I’m sorry – I’m being told that’s not accurate.
5. Single and looking to mingle? Find that someone special in the early voting line.
4. Of course, there's the open bar.
3. Not exercising your right to vote is malarkey – it's literally malarkey.
2. Early voters will receive a $5 million donation from Donald Trump.
1. Honestly, don't you want this election over already?
*Video from The Late Show with David Letterman/Worldwide Pants, Inc.