This morning, First Lady Michelle Obama will formally launch a new version of the Let's Move! website at 10:00 AM EDT, as she hosts her first-ever web chat with a live online audience, and answers questions about her signature initiative.
The event will be livestreamed on Facebook and AOL, and at www.LetsMove.gov. Mrs. Obama will be taking questions during the event, via Facebook.
Mrs. Obama has sent out an e mail message describing the new site, and urging parents to check out some of the special new features. A post about the new Let's Cook video cooking series, featuring White House chefs and guests chefs, is here.
The First Lady's message:
As a mother, I know there is nothing more important than a child’s health. But today, obesity threatens the health of one out of three American children. That’s why we launched Let’s Move! — a nationwide effort to solve the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation.
Today I’m excited to introduce the new and improved LetsMove.gov — an online resource for parents, teachers and community leaders to help our children eat better and become more active:
Here are a few new features on the site that you should check out:
- Simple steps to success for parents, teachers, local officials, community leaders and chefs with easy, achievable ways to make changes in your day to day lives to improve the health of our nation’s kids;
- The Let’s Move! blog with the latest news, events and videos that are easy to share with friends and family;
- Ideas and resources for parents and families to get moving in the great outdoors;
- Links to Let’s Move! on Facebook where you can connect and share tips with others that are concerned about this issue; and
- Healthy, affordable weekly menu plans and video cooking demonstrations for busy families created by some of the country’s top chefs.
I hope you’ll join me and the thousands of teachers, doctors, chefs, community leaders, athletes and parents from across the country to help raise a healthier generation of kids.
*Obama Foodorama photo