Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hope Gets Hardboiled: No White House Easter Egg Roll Tickets, After Hours Of Trying...

Bob H., of New York, is a very sad Ob Fo reader right now. He just e mailed in the above screen shot of the website for tickets to the 2009 White House Easter Egg Roll, along with this message:

I clicked on the WH webber all day, and I mean ALL DAY, only to keep getting an annoying "try later message." So I kept at it because my wife Meg was just dying to take the kids, and then finally, victory! I got on! I whooped so loud that everyone in the office came running to look. People were clapping me on the back and watching as I clicked the box for the number of tickets and submitted it, then the screen kept saying try again, this ticket number not available, and I did that eight different times, and then finally the system took it. And THEN I got a message saying sorry, no tickets left....the whole office was depressed.

There was more to this e mail, but Ob Fo won't share the Rahm-esque bits. Ob Fo feels really bad for Bob, truly, and recommends a couple nice shots of Hennessy 44, Obama Edition, to calm his obviously addled nerves. Or maybe some nice Obama cookies, if that's the way he rolls when he's bummed....